A number of vehicles appear in Watch Dogs, allowing for land and water transportation. A complete table of each vehicle included in the game is provided below.
First, Aiden Pearce must obtain a vehicle. When playing the PC version, this is done by going near a vehicle and pressing E. On the Xbox 360 and Xbox One consoles, you must press Y, and on the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 consoles, press the triangle button. Aiden will now automatically start the vehicle. On the PC, the default driving controls are the WASD keys, while Xbox and PlayStation gamers should use the left- and right triggers to respectively brake or reverse and to accelerate. The left joystick functions as a replacement for the steering wheel.
Hiding in a vehicle is done by pressing F on the PC, B on the Xbox consoles, and the circle button on the PlayStation consoles. By hiding, Aiden makes it far less likely that his enemies will detect him. Hiding in your vehicle disables the ability to drive it and shuts down the engine. In order to start it again, press F on the PC, RT on the Xbox consoles, and R2 on the PlayStation consoles.
Though Aiden himself cannot customize vehicles, other factions in the game can. The Chicago Police Department, of course, have customized vehicles with sirens, lights on top, and "Police" painted on the sides, the Black Viceroys paint their cars black and orange, with orange crowns on the front, The Pawnee Militia paint theirs green, and the Chicago South Club and Fixers also have their own custom vehicles.
Aiden can easily obtain vehicles by stealing them, or, in the case of cars, ordering them through the Car On Demand app on his smartphone. Not all cars are available on the app, however, and the more exotic cars also have exotic prices (although some of the more common cars are free). If you're planning to steal a vehicle, try to pick parked ones. If you stop driving cars, it's much more likely that the victim will call 911 and initiate a police chase.
List of vehiclesEdit
- Sports cars designed with no convenient mounting areas for license plates are exempt from having to use them in Watch Dogs' rendition of Chicago.
- Some of the more expensive vehicles are fitted with daytime lights. Usually, these are dedicated led-strips.
- While Fixers and police are able to shoot from their vehicle, Aiden cannot if he is the driver. In multiplayer modes, Aiden can shoot from passenger seats.
- There seems to be some difference in vehicle availability in console generations. The previous generation, consisting of the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, has all vehicles available. Their successors, however, seem to miss a few, most notably the boats. The previous generation, as mentioned above, does however have some issues with spawn-rates of, for instance, emergency vehicles, WKZ TV vehicles, and the Philandra.
- If Aiden can't get out using doors, he will smash through a window.
- While in the video games no real cars or car companies are used, in Watch Dogs: Dark Clouds there are Fords, Acuras, Porches, Jaguars, and Escalades.