- This page is about vehicles in general, and a full list of every vehicle in the Watch Dogs series is provided at the bottom of this page. For a list of vehicles in Watch Dogs, see Vehicles in Watch Dogs. For a list of vehicles in Watch Dogs 2, see Vehicles in Watch Dogs 2.
Though Aiden cannot customize vehicles, Marcus and other factions in the games can. The Police, of course, have customized vehicles with sirens, lights on top, and "Police" painted on the sides, the Black Viceroys paint their cars black and orange, with orange crowns on the front, The Pawnee Militia paint theirs green, and the Chicago South Club and Fixers also have their own custom vehicles. As well, WKZ TV have customized news vans.
In Watch Dogs 2, the Tezcas have Blue Vespid Lowriders, Bratva drive black Hailkal R's with white stripes, and The Auntie Shu Boys drive grey Baumsteigers with red Chinese characters. The Sons of Ragnarok customize their bikes with stencils of their logo, and Umeni have their custom Sonarus LX cruisers. Marcus can paint his cars with paint jobs he has purchased or found, as well as with the default paint jobs he begins with.
Although license plates cannot be customized, every vehicle in Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2 has a randomly generated license plate on the front and back bumpers of the vehicle. The license plates in Watch Dogs are Illinois plates, because Chicago is in Illinois, and the license plates in Watch Dogs 2 are California license plates, because San Francisco is in California. Registrations are presented in an A0A-0A0 pattern, different from their actual counterparts. The same pattern is used between both Watch Dogs and Watch Dogs 2.
Aiden can easily obtain vehicles by stealing them, or, in the case of cars, ordering them through the Car On Demand app on his smartphone. Not all cars are available on the app, however, and the more exotic cars also have exotic prices (although some of the more common cars are free). If one is planning to steal a vehicle, the best options are the parked ones, as it is likely that the victim will call 911 and initiate a police chase. Keep in mind that in Watch Dogs, shooting and driving at the same time was not possible, only passengers were able to shoot. This is fixed in Watch Dogs 2, which allows both the driver and any passenger to shoot weapons.
In Watch Dogs 2, vehicles can be bought from dealerships, allowing them to be instantly available from the Car on Demand app.
There are several ways to increase damage to vehicles:
- The Destroyer sniper rifle can take out cars with a single shot. It is a reward for completing 10 Criminal Convoy side missions.
- The Offensive Driver driving skill increases damage to other cars when ramming them. The skill requires completing 5 Fixer Contract side missions.
- The Shotgun Expert combat skill increases damage to cars from shotguns.
- Hacks like Steam pipes, bollards, and transformer vaults can instantly destroy a vehicle if timed right, and presumably also kill the driver as well.
List of vehicles
For a complete list of vehicles in Watch Dogs, see Vehicles in Watch Dogs. For a complete list of vehicles in Watch Dogs 2, see Vehicles in Watch Dogs 2. For a list of automakers and manufacturers, see automakers.
- Some of the more expensive vehicles are fitted with daytime running lights. Usually, these are dedicated led-strips.
- In Watch Dogs, destroyed vehicles will explode after a few seconds in singleplayer, but not multiplayer. The player will die if inside a vehicle when it explodes. If the vehicle doesn't explode, the player will burn to death due to the fire.
- There seems to be some difference in vehicle availability in console generations. The previous generation, consisting of the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, has all vehicles available. Their successors, however, seem to miss a few, most notably the boats. The previous generation, as mentioned above, does however have some issues with spawn-rates of, for instance, emergency vehicles, WKZ TV vehicles, and the Philandra.
- Civilians will run away if the player drives too close to them or nearly runs them over. In Watch Dogs 2, however, they can also insult Marcus or actually open the door and drag him out of his car.
- If the player shoots a gun from a vehicle if they have two rifles equipped, they will instantly be equipped with a 4N00bs pistol or a P-9mm. This is most likely a glitch.
- While in the video games no real cars or car companies are used, in Watch Dogs //n/Dark Clouds, actual manufacturer names and models are mentioned, such as Ford, Acura, Porche, Jaguar, and Cadillac, namely the Escalade.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
Pages in category "Vehicles"
The following 114 pages are in this category, out of 114 total.
Media in category "Vehicles"
This category contains only the following file.