Steam Pipes are objects that Aiden Pearce can hack.
Exploding Steam Pipes is an ability in Watch Dogs. This ability allows Aiden to cause a giant explosion from underground pipes in the middle of the street. The result of the explosion includes a large cracked hole in the middle of the road, as well as clouds of steam rising from the affected area. This ability is incredibly powerful in stopping pursuers such as criminals or police, as it can total their car in one try if used at the correct time, a feat easily executed using the flashing "Neutralize" indicators.
- Optimal for taking down pursuing Fixer vehicles. Activate with the "Neutralize" indicators, or by looking back while using Focus to blow pursuers into mid-air.
- Alternatives include hacking road blockers and even the simple traffic light hack to disrupt traffic at junctions.
- The action is less useful if pursuers have a chopper in the chase.
- Steam Pipe rupturing is an evasive hack with minimal fatality, despite its stunning visual effects.
- Police and Fixers will sometimes refer to what they see as "the street [blowing] up!"
- If Aiden blows up a Steam Pipe while standing on it or while driving over it with a motorcycle, he will die immediately.