Hideouts are safehouses that are the player can unlock.
Hideouts are essentially safehouses. These safehouses are disguised as shipping containers scattered throughout Chicago. Their story purpose was to be safehouses for Blume officials, (even though they are never used for that purpose). Each hideout is represented by two yellow arrows (>>). Hideouts can be unlocked after hacking CTOS Tower at the rate of one hideout per tower.
Hideouts and houses will feature armories, allowing the player to store weapons and ammunition. They will also contain wardrobes where Aiden's clothing can be changed. Houses will also feature work benches, allowing Aiden to construct IEDs and Lures. All of the non-story shipping containers hideouts each contain a computer that has an audio file. Aiden is able to warp in between hideouts at any time in free roam but not during missions. Aiden can also rest at each safehouse, which allows the player to advance time by sleeping.
- If Aiden gets a wanted level, he will be locked out of the hideout until the heat is gone.
- In the closets there is a shirt with a line of binary across the chest. This shirt is not equippable.
- The animation for getting in and out is using his phone to open and close the door.
- Aiden had two hideouts in Parker Square, the Owl Motel and a Blume shipping container, and both were found by his enemies.
- In Bad Blood Blume found Aiden's Parker Square hideout and discovered that Aiden was using The Bunker as a hideout.
- Aiden's hideouts appear in Bad Blood but are not able to be used.
- The Tidis hideout is the only real hideout in Bad Blood.
- Inside the Tidis hideout by the door there is the Chicago South Club symbol, there is also one by T-Bone's bed, in the room with the TVs on the wall, and on the outside by other posters.
- Owl Motel (until "Collateral" is completed).
- The Bunker.
- Several Blume shipping containers around Chicago.
- The Silo (T-Bone's hideout in Bad Blood).
Watch Dogs: Dark Clouds
After Mick Wolfe is rescued from the Four Clubs, Aiden's people take him to a hideout in the old projects near Washington Park. It was an abandoned ten story tenement. From the outside it was run down with broken windows and Black Viceroy graffiti all over it. Most of the inside was in ruin as well, with missing apartment doors and areas where copper wiring was pulled from. However, on the seventh floor Aiden converted a room into a safe-house with a double layered steel door.