|Vehicle Type||Law enforcement vehicle|
|Body Style||Police Helicopter|
|Appears in||Watch Dogs|
Watch Dogs 2
The helicopter is based on the Airbus EC-series, speficially the Eurocopter/Airbus Helicopters EC120/H120, and the H135/EC135 in the front styling. The Helicopter serves as a vehicle intended to patrol the skies and assist ground units to search any objective. In Watch Dogs, Helicopters are represented by a large red helicopter icon on the mini-map.
In Watch Dogs 2, they are represented by a large red and blue flashing helicopter icon on the mini-map. The vehicle has a searchlight, mounted camera and side winch. The helicopter has capacity for at least four occupants, but only the marksman is seen and, by logic, the pilot.
- Police Helicopter: The common version of the helicopter, which is operated by the Police. The Police version is called in to track down the player after obtaining a certain heat level and it will pursue the players. Depending of the game, the Helicopter in Watch Dogs is white/blue with CPD emblems and in Watch Dogs 2, it is dark grey, similar to the MRAP.
- Enemy Helicopter: Appearing in Not the Pizza Guy and A Pit of Paranoia, it is seen operated by their respective gangs, apart that it comes in a black finish and with the same accessories as its police counterpart. Enemy Helicopters are absent from Watch Dogs 2.
In Watch Dogs, Police Helicopters are tricky to evade in car, and even trickier to avoid on foot, especially on open areas where the Helicopter can move freely. A notably easier way of losing a Police Helicopter is by using the Disable Helicopter hack, which will cause the helicopter stop briefly mid-air or by killing the Police Helicopter's Sniper causing it to "Disengage" from the police chase entirely until another sniper takes its place. If the player has enough time, they can simply destroy the helicopter by shooting it with a grenade launcher. Note that disabling a Police Helicopter will cause to emmit a smoke from the engine exhausts, though the helicopter will not lose control nor "leave" the area, it will simply stay put. They will simply have difficulties to move and they would lose the priority of searching for the player until the Helicopter's systems are restored again.
CTOS Mobile App
The Police Helicopter serves as the mobile player's character in the CTOS mobile challenge. The mobile player has complete access to the city's police department by selecting various police vehicles that can be dispatched to chase after the opposing player. However, they have limited uses and can not be placed within the enemy player's line of sight.
- The Helicopter is the only aerial vehicle that exists in the Watch Dogs series.
- The Spider Tank Digital Trip shows that the police helicopter can be destroyed. This is also true outside of the digital trip if the player lands a hit on the Police Helicopter with a grenade launcher, and may be destroyed with any weapon within the ctOS Mobile Challenge. However, the helicopter cannot be destroyed outside of this.
- In Watch Dogs 2, it is possible to destroy the helicopter with the Quadcopter bombs, if the player manages to fly above the helicopter with the quadcopter and drop a bomb.
- The Helicopter in Spider Tank Digital Trip is, at one level, referred to as 'an Helicopter', which is grammatically incorrect.
- The sniper A.I in the police helicopter is extremely accurate. He hardly misses any shots, as his shots has an extremely low chance of missing, no matter what. This characteristic was nerfed in Watch Dogs 2, where the sniper's aiming will be a bit slower when tracking down the player's position, meaning there is no harm at being shot on foot as long as the player keeps moving away of the gun's aiming laser.
- If one swerves rapidly when the laser from the marksman's rifle appears, it is possible to avoid his shots.
- Once the sniper is killed, the Police Helicopter will leave the area, and another Police Helicopter will arrive shortly (within several minutes).
- Dispatch refers to the helicopter as "air unit" or "air support".