VEHICLE PERFORMANCE ERROR ENCOUNTERED:
This vehicle's performance stats need to be fixed or improved.
This article is in need of more images to give readers a better understanding of the content. You can help the wiki by adding a clear image(s) to the article to enhance it.
|Vehicle Type||Industrial vehicle|
Heavy Vehicle (WD2)
|Body Style||Cargo truck|
|Capacity||2 (Driver and passenger)|
|Appears in||Watch Dogs|
Watch Dogs 2
- ❝ This large truck can plow through traffic.❞
- ―Description in Watch Dogs.
The truck's design appears to be North American in nature and inspired by that of the International DuraStar. The truck is available as a two-axle chassis.
Wheras the name "Flatbed Truck" applied to multiple body styles applied to the same frame in Watch Dogs, the name now applies to an actual flatbed truck in Watch Dogs 2 (while the others are now considered variants), which has a fully-interactive platform that can be lowered to the ground, perfect for makeshift ramps. The truck also gains yellow LED lightbars that are only activated when the ramp is lowered, and are used by either Gabay Construction Ltd. (white/yellow) or Climbax Equipment Company (red).
The truck has average top speed and handling, but its acceleration is low. The durability of this vehicle, like various trucks, is high, allowing to withstand large amount of crashes. The 8-speed gearbox seems to be a rare use of an auxiliary gearbox in-game; a secondary gearbox working very similar to twin-geared bikes - the secondary gearbox having less gears than the primary gearbox, but giving the primary gearbox more potential by allowing a higher combination of gears. The exact same feature is found on the Cement Truck.
|N/A||Single-cam V8||Front engine, rear wheel drive||8|
Watch Dogs 2
- Dump Truck: Tipper body version of the vehicle.
- Boxvan: GRP Box version of the vehicle.
- Media Broadcast Truck: WKZ TV version of the vehicle. Only appears in Watch Dogs 2.
- Middleweight DC: Bare-framed variant. Only appears in Watch Dogs 2.
- May be seen driven in the Ravioli Point area.
- Commonly spawns in Brandon Docks along with other trucks such as Relegaters.
- Sometimes spawns in Pawnee.
- Available on the Car On Demand app, for free.
Watch Dogs 2
- The vehicle can be seen roaming on the entire Bay Area, although they are more frequent on highways.
- The truck is called "flatbed" in Car On Demand, as only the classic flatbed variant will be delivered.
- Rarely, a bare-frame version in Watch Dogs will appear during certain crimes, being used by a random criminal as a getaway vehicle. One of the possible locations is in Parker Square.
- If one manages to load a car onto the back of a flatbed in either game, the car loaded on will slide off as the physics engine does not apply adequate friction between the two entities.