A series of driving hacks are featured in Watch Dogs.
The CTOS controls a number of systems that help maintain order with regards to road infrastructure and traffic flow. Some systems, such as steam pipes, also run beneath the streets. Driving hacks appear in a four level branch system, where hacks have to be upgraded in level order for each branch.
These branches of hacks expose the vulnerabilities of using a vehicle and road infrastructure controlled by a system such as the CTOS.
- Traffic lights; redirect traffic signals to cause an accident. (Consumes one unit of battery power per usage)
- Garage doors; raise and lower garage doors. (Does not consume battery)
- Access switch; raise or lower the city's bridges. (Does not consume battery)
- Blockers; raise or lower the city's blockers. (Consumes 1 battery unit)
- Spikes; engage retractable road spikes. (Consumes 1 battery unit) (Effects can be counteracted with the Precision Driver skill)
- Steam jets; overload pipes and cause steam jets. (Consumes two battery units per usage)