Digital Trips are minigames in Watch Dogs.
Digital Trip is an app that uses Binaural Beats from the Smartphone to put Aiden in a temporary unconscious dream state where he can play virtual games in his head. Completing a full Digital Trip will unlock a special clothing item for Pearce that cannot be purchased.
The clothing items he unlocks by completing the Digital Trips are the ones he wears while playing them. Clothing unlocked from Trips is permanently added to Aiden's wardrobe, so they will always be available even if you start a new game. The logo for Digital Trips resembles Defalt's symbol, suggesting that he programmed them.
Main Article: Alone (Digital Trip)
Set in an alternate future, where CTOS controls Chicago with robotic sentries, and the districts are shrouded in darkness. Amidst this darkness, there are generators which power it. It is up to you to deactivate these generators and restore Chicago to its former state. Nicole, Aiden's sister, narrates this Digital Trip. Once all generators are deactivated, the Alone clothing will be unlocked.
Main Article: Madness (Digital Trip)
Be transported to a hellish version of Chicago where you must fuel your ride with the souls of the demons you run over. You must also outrun the demon cops that are chasing you at some points. You will be given challenges to complete within a time limit. Some examples include driving a certain distance, getting killstreaks, escaping from the cops, and of course, killing demons. This Digital Trip is narrated by Damien Brenks. Once all challenges are completed, the Madness clothing will be unlocked.
Main Article: Spider Tank (Digital Trip)
Ravage Chicago as a Blume-created massive mechanical Spider and destroy waves of cops before time runs out. Like "Madness", you will be given challenges to complete within a time limit. Some examples include killing cops, destroying vehicles, and blowing up satellite relays. Once you have successfully completed all challenges, you will unlock the Spider-Tank clothing for Aiden.
Main Article: Psychedelic (Digital Trip)
Bounce from flower to flower to the tune of psychedelic music. You get a trophy, depending on how many points you obtained. You can increase your points via one or more things. Tips include "Your score multiplier resets if you fall. To to maximize your score, try reaching the end of a track without falling." "Try to bounce off the flowers' center for a higher score." "Reach a high score to gain all 3 trophies at the end of a track." If and when you complete all 17 tracks you'll unlock the Psychedelic clothing for Aiden.
Main Article: Conspiracy!
In the Conspiracy! Digital Trip, you must locate various undercover cyborgs hidden in the population with your "cyber eye", and kill them within a certain time limit. Completing it will unlock the Conspiracy! clothing. The Conspiracy! Digital Trip is only available with the Season Pass.
- The digital trip "Madness" may be based on the Death Race series. The vehicle used in it bears a striking resemblance to Jason Statham's armored Ford Mustang in the 2008 remake of the original film. The original 1975 film had its own arcade game adaptation in which the main objective was to run down as many pedestrians as possible. The violence in the arcade game also helped lead to the founding of the ESRB. It also bears similarities to the video game series Carmageddon in which one of the player's objectives is to run down as many pedestrians as possible while racing against rival drivers in an open stage.
- The vehicle might also be a reference to Death Proof, a movie by Quentin Tarantino.
- The digital trip "Conspiracy!" bears similarities to the movie They Live in which the movie's protagonist could see aliens among humans by using special glasses.
- Based on the fact that the symbol for Digital Trips (a rat) is the same as the infamous hacker Defalt, it's highly probable that Defalt created them.
- An interview with Digital Trip users appears explaining that people think these are drugs, are made by someone called Emperor Rat and are actually beneficial for some people. Even though they never say "Digital Trips", these "drugs" are since multiple people say they've been "In a Giant Spider" (the Spider Tank).
- The loading screens for "Conspiracy", "Psychedelic", "Madness", and "Alone" have Aiden dressed in his Vigilante outfit even though he doesn't wear it in the Digital Trips.
- There are posters all around Chicago featuring "Alone", "Psychedelic", and "Madness".