There are 40 main missions available in Watch Dogs. The main story missions are unlocked as the story progresses, and side missions can be found around Chicago, or through Aiden's smartphone. There are:
- 9 missions in Act I
- 15 missions in Act II
- 6 missions in Act III
- 7 missions in Act IV
- 2 missions in Act V
None of the missions can be replayed unless the player selects "New Game" in the menu section. Most of the missions are named after a specific quote that a character in that mission says.
A hit was ordered on Aiden Pearce and Damien Brenks after the failed Merlaut Hotel heist, and Maurice Vega was hired to kill Aiden, but ended up killing Lena Pearce, niece of Aiden. One year later, Aiden seeks revenge to find out who ordered the hit on him. During this period, he finds himself reuniting with Nicole and Jackson, and after a call hit Nicole, he aims to trace the source of the caller. He also makes contact with Clara Lille, a DedSec hacker under the name Badboy17, and Lucky Quinn, leader of the Chicago South Club.
There are 9 missions in this act.
- Bottom of the Eighth: Take down Maurice and escape from May Stadium.
- They Can't Hide: Look for a crime as distraction.
- Big Brother: Go to Jackson's party and take down Nicky's crank caller.
- Foresight: Purchase a 416 assault rifle from the Gun Shop.
- Backstage Pass: Locate and hack the guard with the access code, and use the code to reach the CTOS servers inside the Loop district.
- Hacking Contract: Find and kill 2XTheTap before he successfully hacks in. (You can then play online after completing this mission.)
- Backseat Driver: Deliver a fugitive to Lucky Quinn.
- Open Your World: Meet BadBoy17 and hack the laptop and the access point to give access to Clara, and escape the plaza.
- Thanks for the Tip: Reach the caller's signal source, hack the phone, and follow the traced call to Damien.
- Remember: Aiden remembers when he visited Lena's grave with Nicky and his promise.
- Not the Pizza Guy: Infiltrate the rail yard, interrogate the Fixer Boss and escape.
- A Wrench in the Works: Hack Angelo Tucci's niece's phone and kill him before he reaches the prison.
- Dressed in Peels: Get into the prison, intimidate the survivor from the stadium to stop him speaking out, and escape.
What appears to be a normal revenge turns out to be a ransom from Damien Brenks, after kidnapping Nicky. Damien demands a ransom, by tracing an IP address, and retrieving the data in the IP. He finds himself encountering the Black Viceroys, and the Bunker, the first ctOS test site, and meets Tobias Frewer, a ctOS pioneer. He also sees an auction by Lucky Quinn, which turns out to be a human trafficking ring.
There are 15 missions in this act.
- Hold On, Kiddo: Find and save Jackson before the Fixers reach him.
- Tools of the Trade: Buy some crafting components.
- Breakable Things: Search Racine Boat Restoration, and kill Robert Racine.
- Collateral: Defend Clara from the Fixers.
- One Foot in the Grave: Track down Tobias Frewer and speak to him.
- A Blank Spot There-ish: Power up the Bunker.
- Jury-Rigged: Disable the security terminals.
- Grandma's Bulldog: Track the source of an IP address.
- Not a Job for Tyrone: Tail Bedbug and save Gary "Rabbit" Diggs.
- Uninvited: Ambush Iraq's men.
- Breadcrumbs: Retrieve information from the auction briefcase.
- Stare into the Abyss: Eliminate Nicholas Crispin.
- A Risky Bid: Attend Lucky Quinn's auction, and scan Iraq's dog tags.
- Role Model: Find Jackson.
- Planting a Bug: Guide Bedbug into Iraq's server room.
- Way Off the Grid: Search for Raymond Kenney.
The data retrieved from Rossi-Fremont is locked by an encryption made by Raymond Kenney, the creator of ctOS, and Aiden and Clara must find him in order to decrypt it. Upon encountering Kenney, under the name of "T-Bone", Kenney reaches out to Aiden as a whistleblower of Blume to wipe his data about him, in order to help Aiden decrypt the data. After helping out Kenney with the wipeout, Aiden storms in to Rossi-Fremont and retrieve all the data, and kill Iraq. Aiden also encounters Damien, who demands access to ctOS in exchange for T-Bone's whereabouts.
There are 6 missions in this act.
- Hope is a Sad Thing: Track down Raymond Kenney, who goes by the name "T-Bone".
- A Pit of Paranoia: Identify the two Blume security chiefs.
- Unstoppable Force: Take out the convoy before it reaches Blume.
- The Future is in Blume: Infiltrate Blume and upload T-Bone's virus.
- For the Portfolio: Protect T-Bone and escape Pawnee.
- By Any Means Necessary: Download Iraq's server data, and kill Iraq.
While decrypting the data, which contains blackmail on all Chicago citizens, an unknown hacker deletes all the data, leaving Aiden without the ransom to save Nicky. Damien threatens Aiden by displaying news reports about him, attracting the police and the public. Aiden retrieves the data from Defalt, a professional hacker under the name JB Marcowicz and rescues Nicky to safety. Fearing for the safety of his family, Aiden evacuates Nicky and Jackson out of Chicago, and kills Quinn, the one who ordered the hit one year ago on Aiden and Damien.
There are 7 missions in this act.
- Someone's Knocking: Trace the hacker.
- In Plain Sight: Take out the fixer and escape the police.
- The Rat's Lair: Lead T-Bone to safety.
- The Defalt Condition: Find and take out Defalt.
- Little Sister: Lead Nicky to safety.
- Ghosts of the Past: Drive Nicky and Jackson out of town.
- No Turning Back: Chase and kill Quinn, and race to save Clara.
Since the data is no use since Nicky is saved, Aiden gives it all away to the public, revealing secrets on the death of Rose Washington, because of Mayor Rushmore. Damien is infuriated about this, and challenges Aiden in a citywide destruction using ctOS. In retaliation, Aiden shuts down ctOS with T-Bone, plunging the city in a blackout, and kills Damien, and injures Jordi after a brief encounter. The player can also choose to spare or execute Maurice at the end of this act.
There are only 2 missions in this act.
- Sometimes You Still Lose: Shut down the ctOS, and kill Damien Brenks.
- Guys Like Us : Walk away or shoot Maurice.
- Armored Pursuit
- Bandwidth Exceeded
- Connection Interrupted
- Data Leech
- Deadly Loop
- Delivery Man
- Double Vision
- Escape Artist
- Gateway Timeout
- Ghost Trail
- Grand Triathlon
- Hard Shoulder
- Hot Property
- In the Spotlight
- Industry Standards
- Lap of Luxury
- Members Only
- Muscle Memory
- Muscle Out
- Number Crunch
- Parker Square Rally
- Pickup and Run
- Pier Pressure
- Playing it Safe
- Ridge Rider
- Road Soldier
- Rogue Data
- Scenic Retreat
- Showroom Condition
- Straight and Narrow
- The Badlands
- The Hunter
- Trials and Tribulations
- Under Construction
- Urban Exploration
- Wild Ride
Gang Hideouts are missions that require Aiden to take down a specific target inside a hideout.
- Street Cleaning
- Two For One
- The Tower
- Union Dues
- Port Authority
- Swap Meet
- Compliments for the Cook
- Gone in a Flash
- No Parking
- The Low Road
- Burning Bridges
- Out of the Woodwork
Criminal Convoys require Aiden to eliminate or take down (non-lethal) a target along a specific route before it reaches its destination.
- Caught in the Loop
- Requiescat In Pace
- The Quick Fix
- The Beast
- Militia Mile
- Toll Bridge
- Parker Pursuit
- Into the Pit
- Lord of the Wards
- Made Men
- No Rules
- Excessive Force
- Long Division
- Chasing Shadows
- Small Town Justice
CTOS Control Centers
Unlocking Control Centers are essential to access the Profiler and progress the story.
- Mad Mile ctOS Control Center
- Brandon Docks ctOS Control Center
- The Wards ctOS Control Center
- Pawnee ctOS Control Center
This category has only the following subcategory.
- [×] Act I Missions (13 P)
Pages in category "Missions in Watch Dogs"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.