|Bottom of the Eighth|
|Part of story||Act 1, Mission 1|
|Unlocks||They Can't Hide|
|Transcript||Bottom of the Eighth/Transcript|
- ❝ No, too late. Bottom of the eighth, Chicago's ahead. Game's almost over. We, are outta time.❞
- ―Jordi Chin
At the very beginning, a cutscene shows Aiden Pearce and his mentor Damien Brenks attempting to hack into Merlaut hotel and steal a large sum of money. They are discovered and identified. An unknown man, who has discovered that Aiden and Damien were the hackers, orders a hitman named Maurice to kill Pearce, with his family as a potential target. A car containing Aiden and his niece and nephew (Jacks and Lena) is attacked by two men riding motorcycles–one of whom is Maurice. Maurice fires a shot from a pistol, blowing a tire. The car flips over, killing Lena.
11 months later, Aiden corners Maurice at a baseball game at May Stadium. Aiden brutally interrogates Maurice but to no avail. He leaves Maurice alive and meets up with Jordi Chin, a fixer who Aiden hired, who stabs a gang member in the stomach. He warns Aiden that it is the bottom of the eighth, and the game will end soon. He has called the cops and plans to distract them by staging a shootout to lead the cops away from them. Aiden manages to sneak out of the stadium, but only after causing a blackout in the stadium, thanks to a hacker known as BadBoy17. The cops attempt to evacuate the stadium while dealing with the blackout, and Aiden escapes in the confusion.
Jordi left Aiden an escape vehicle and the player can choose to use it. Aiden must escape the police search area and return to his hideout. He knows that simple torture will not work and believes that Maurice, eaten by the guilt from the inside, will reveal who ordered the hit.
- Shoot Maurice.
- Examine Maurice's phone for information.
- Leave the locker room when ready.
- Sneak past the Police.
- Hack the camera.
- Follow the data flow line to its source.
- Unlock the door.
- Throw a lure to the designated area.
- Use the lure to distract the cop.
- Reach the upper level.
- Find and hack the guard with the access code.
- Hack into the stadium's network.
- Create a blackout.
- Escape the stadium.
- Leave the police search area.
- Reach your hideout.
- Main article: Bottom of the Eighth/Transcript
- During the introduction, when Damien scans the computer which triggers the alarm, you can briefly see Rushmore's footage and screenshots from the giant auction screen featured in A Risky Bid.
- There are five people with fixed profiles
- Maurice Vega, Suspected ties to Black Viceroys, Childhood spent in foster care, Occupation: Delivery Driver, Income: $22,000
- Raul Lionzo, Black Viceroy Gang Member, Age: 30, Occupation: Dishwasher
- The Viceroy being arrested: Jerome Richards, Black Viceroys Gang Member, Occupation: Limousine Driver.
- The Viceroy's girlfriend: Dedre Jackson, Black Viceroys Gang Member, Occupation: Fast Food Clerk.
- The ctOS security guard speaking with the cop: Alan Gomez, Stadium Security Clearance, Received Medal of Valor, Occupation: Security Guard, Income: $82,300.
- In the VIP lounge, where police are arresting the two Viceroys, characters who appear later in the story, such as Lance Brenner, Bradley Caughlin, and Joseph DeMarco, can be profiled in the crowd.
|Missions in Watch Dogs|
|Act I||Bottom of the Eighth • They Can't Hide • Big Brother • Foresight • Backstage Pass • Hacking Contract • Backseat Driver • Open Your World • Thanks For The Tip • Remember • Not The Pizza Guy • A Wrench in the Works • Dressed in Peels|
|Act II||Hold On, Kiddo • Breakable Things • Collateral • One Foot in the Grave • A Blank Spot There-ish • Jury-Rigged • Grandma's Bulldog • Not A Job For Tyrone • Uninvited • Breadcrumbs • Stare Into the Abyss • A Risky Bid • Role Model • Planting a Bug • Way Off the Grid|
|Act III||Hope is a Sad Thing • A Pit of Paranoia • Unstoppable Force • The Future is in Blume • For the Portfolio • By Any Means Necessary|
|Act IV||Someone's Knocking • In Plain Sight • The Rat's Lair • The Defalt Condition • Little Sister • Ghosts of the Past • No Turning Back|
|Act V||Sometimes You Still Lose • Guys Like Us|