The player can use ATMs to withdraw money from other bank accounts. These bank accounts are stolen by using the Profiler on NPCs. Greater amounts can be withdrawn if, in Watch Dogs, the player has unlocked the ATM Hack Boost skill.
ATMs come in two variants. The first is the basic, self-standing ATM. The second variant is embedded into the walls of buildings, and has the ProviBlue logo and an LED news ticker. When a hack is successful, the ATM shows a blue error screen, indicating that the system has crashed. It then dispenses a varying amount of currency.
- Aiden is shown taking the same amount of cash no matter how much money is withdrawn.
- There is no draw limit, unlike real ATMs, where only a certain amount can be withdrawn.
- When hacking the Viceroy cameras, a group of Viceroys can be seen modifying a large number of ATMs.
- The ticker on the ProviBlue ATM reads CHICAGO TOPS LIST OF ECONOMICALLY DIVERSE CITIES and HOCKEY SCORES: CHICAGO 3, MONTREAL 4
- The two hockey teams that appear on the ticker are references to the game's setting (Chicago) and where the game was developed (Montreal). However, no specific team names (Chicago Blackhawks or Montreal Canadiens) are mentioned.