|Weapon Type||Burst-Fire Assault Rifle|
|Price||$7,500 (Gun stores)|
|Appears in||Watch Dogs|
- "The 417 is a German-made semi-automatic assault rifle. Its impressive accuracy and penetration make it well suited for ranged combat."
The 417 is a weapon that appears in Watch Dogs.
The battle rifle has its design based on that of the Heckler & Koch HK417. It is in the same family as the 416, also in-game. However, the 417 fires a bigger caliber than the 416 that deals more damage, in exchange for a burst-fire mode and a smaller 20-round magazine.
The gun employs 7.62×51mm NATO cartridges, offering only average damage. The cartridges are fed from 20-round box magazines, which offer relatively low sustained fire duration before having to reload. The in-game model fires in burst-mode. However, this makes up for accurate shots, as the burst-fire mode avoids a high recoil, unless if the player starts to fire continuously.
- DB&R Weaponsmiths or Quid Pro Quo Guns stores, for $7,500.
- The 417 can be found in the mission Collateral. After exiting the motel room, immediately turn right and one will find the 417 laying next to a dead body.
- In reality, the HK417 is not an assault rifle, but technically a battle rifle, and is commonly used with a scope as a Designated Marksman's Rifle. It also does not have a burst-fire mode, unlike in-game. The real life version only has safe, semi-auto and full-auto fire modes.
- The in-game description incorrectly refers to the 417 as semi-automatic.
|View • Talk • EditWeapons in Watch Dogs|
|Handguns||P-9mm • Px4 • 1911 (Spec Ops variant) • D50 (Gold variant) • M8-M • Chrome • Auto-6 • MP-412 • R-33|
|SMGs||Gangster • M1 SMG • MP5 • MP-9mm • R-2000 • SMG-11 (Spec Ops variant) • Vector .45ACP (Spec Ops variant)|
|Assault Rifles||416 • 417 • ACR • AK-47 • Biometric Rifle • Goblin (Spec Ops variant) • OCP-11 • Wildfire|
|Sniper Rifles||AC-AR • Destroyer • M107 • SR-25 • SVD|
|Shotguns||ATSG-12 • D12 • M1014 • Piledriver • SG-90 • SGR-12|
|Light Machine Guns||U100|
|Grenade Launchers||G106 • GL-94|
|Special||Baton • Wrench • EMP Gun • Taser|
|Thrown||Proximity IED • Frag Grenades • IED|